The easiest way to commission your own painting is to visit me at STUDIO ONE in Manchester Craft & Design Centre.
Here you can view my current collection of paintings & cards, & I will happily discuss creating something bespoke & personal to you.
Previous commissions have involved me working directly from photographs (e.g. Tongoriro Crossing, New Zealand; Artist’s Palette, USA landscapes etc.) or a combination of visiting the location in person & using photographs to enhance my memory; (e.g. Irwell cityscapes).
You can find me in the studio Mondays, Tuesdays & Fridays & selected Saturdays. For enquiries, I can arrange additional studio time to meet with you there.
STUDIO ONE is open daily, Monday to Saturday, 10am – 5.30pm, (closed Sundays), and is also home to Amy Wilkinson and Charlotte Verity, both jewellers, who are happy to help with any arty enquiries!
Follow these 5 easy steps towards commissioning your own piece of Laura Richardson Art!
1. Choose a subject matter (from a photograph or a previous painting you have seen on my website/in the studio).
2. Choose a colour palette (to suit your home furnishings or perhaps your favourite colours – please refer to Farrow & Ball colour chart for very specific colourways).
3. Choose a metallic finish (gold, deep gold, copper, antique copper, rose copper, silver etc…/or a mixture!)
4. Measure up! Decide on suitable dimensions for your painting & whether you would like it to be framed or on canvas. (I can provide common frame sizes/canvas sizes for you to work from).
5. Visit the shop, contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me:
+44 (0)7904 863 876 to discuss your ideas.
I will provide a quote based on the 5 steps above and once approved, I request a 50% deposit (non-refundable) payable by card over the phone/in the studio, or cash or cheque (made payable to Mrs Laura Richardson).
The 50% balance can be paid on approval & collection.
I allow 28 days for most commissions to allow sufficient drying times for the oil paints before framing/hanging.
This enables you to split the whole payment over two months, making your bespoke artwork much more affordable!